Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) cut back, flash back (return in time) "the film cut back to an earlier event in the story"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) return (go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before) "return to your native land"; "the professor returned to his teaching position after serving as Dean"
- S: (v) travel, go, move, locomote (change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically) "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast"
- derivationally related form
- W: (n)
flashback [Related to: flash back] (a transition (in literary or theatrical works or films) to an earlier event or scene that interrupts the normal chronological development of the story)
- sentence frame
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- S: (v) restrict, curtail, curb, cut back (place restrictions on) "curtail drinking in school"