Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) make, create (make or cause to be or to become) "make a mess in one's office"; "create a furor"
- S: (v) create (bring into existence) "The company was created 25 years ago"; "He created a new movement in painting"
- S: (v) create (pursue a creative activity; be engaged in a creative activity) "Don't disturb him--he is creating"
- S: (v) create (invest with a new title, office, or rank) "Create one a peer"
- S: (v) create, make (create by artistic means) "create a poem"; "Schoenberg created twelve-tone music"; "Picasso created Cubism"; "Auden made verses"
- S: (v) produce, make, create (create or manufacture a man-made product) "We produce more cars than we can sell"; "The company has been making toys for two centuries"