Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) court, tribunal, judicature (an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business)
- S: (n) court, courtroom (a room in which a lawcourt sits) "television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
- S: (n) court, royal court (the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state)
- S: (n) court (a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played) "players had to reserve a court in advance"
- S: (n) Court, Margaret Court (Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947))
- S: (n) court, royal court (the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince)
- S: (n) motor hotel, motor inn, motor lodge, tourist court, court (a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area)
- S: (n) court, lawcourt, court of law, law court, court of justice (a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws)
- S: (n) court (the residence of a sovereign or nobleman) "the king will visit the duke's court"
- S: (n) court, courtyard (an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings) "the house was built around an inner court"
- S: (n) court, homage (respectful deference) "pay court to the emperor"
- S: (v) woo, court, romance, solicit (make amorous advances towards) "John is courting Mary"
- S: (v) woo, court (seek someone's favor) "China is wooing Russia"
- S: (v) court (engage in social activities leading to marriage) "We were courting for over ten years"