Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) corn, maize, Indian corn, Zea mays (tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times)
- S: (n) corn (the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal)
- S: (n) corn, edible corn (ears of corn that can be prepared and served for human food)
- S: (n) corn, clavus (a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes)
- S: (n) corn ((Great Britain) any of various cereal plants (especially the dominant crop of the region--wheat in Great Britain or oats in Scotland and Ireland))
- S: (n) corn whiskey, corn whisky, corn (whiskey distilled from a mash of not less than 80 percent corn)
- S: (n) corn (something sentimental or trite) "that movie was pure corn"
- S: (v) corn (feed (cattle) with corn)
- S: (v) corn (preserve with salt) "corned beef"