Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) convulse (make someone convulse with laughter) "The comedian convulsed the crowd"
- S: (v) convulse (be overcome with laughter)
- S: (v) convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate (move or stir about violently) "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- S: (v) convulse (shake uncontrollably) "earthquakes convulsed the countryside"
- S: (v) convulse (cause to contract) "The spasm convulses her facial muscles"
- S: (v) convulse (contract involuntarily, as in a spasm) "The muscles in her face convulsed"