Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) incorporate, contain, comprise (include or contain; have as a component) "A totally new idea is comprised in this paper"; "The record contains many old songs from the 1930's"
- S: (v) hold, bear, carry, contain (contain or hold; have within) "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
- S: (v) control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate (lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits) "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
- S: (v) contain (be divisible by) "24 contains 6"
- S: (v) contain, take, hold (be capable of holding or containing) "This box won't take all the items"; "The flask holds one gallon"
- S: (v) check, turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back (hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of) "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"