Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) devour, demolish, down, consume, go through (eat up completely, as with great appetite) "Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal"; "The teenagers demolished four pizzas among them"
- S: (v) consume, ingest, take in, take, have (serve oneself to, or consume regularly) "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
- S: (v) consume, squander, waste, ware (spend extravagantly) "waste not, want not"
- S: (v) consume (destroy completely) "The fire consumed the building"
- S: (v) consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out (use up (resources or materials)) "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- S: (v) consume (engage fully) "The effort to pass the exam consumed all his energy"