Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) component, constituent, element (an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system) "spare components for cars"; "a component or constituent element of a system"
- S: (n) constituent (a member of a constituency; a citizen who is represented in a government by officials for whom he or she votes) "needs continued support by constituents to be re-elected"
- S: (n) part, portion, component part, component, constituent (something determined in relation to something that includes it) "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
- S: (n) constituent, grammatical constituent ((grammar) a word or phrase or clause forming part of a larger grammatical construction)
- S: (n) component, constituent, element, factor, ingredient (an abstract part of something) "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"