Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) ordain, consecrate, ordinate, order (appoint to a clerical posts) "he was ordained in the Church"
- S: (v) give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote (give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause) "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- S: (v) vow, consecrate (dedicate to a deity by a vow)
- S: (v) consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify (render holy by means of religious rites)
- S: (adj) consecrated, consecrate, dedicated (solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high or sacred purpose) "a life consecrated to science"; "the consecrated chapel"; "a chapel dedicated to the dead of World War II"