Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) confuse, confound (mistake one thing for another) "you are confusing me with the other candidate"; "I mistook her for the secretary"
- S: (v) confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate (be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly) "These questions confuse even the experts"; "This question completely threw me"; "This question befuddled even the teacher"
- S: (v) confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off (cause to feel embarrassment) "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
- S: (v) jumble, confuse, mix up (assemble without order or sense) "She jumbles the words when she is supposed to write a sentence"
- S: (v) confuse, blur, obscure, obnubilate (make unclear, indistinct, or blurred) "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
- S: (adj) baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea (perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment) "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
- S: (adj) confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected (lacking orderly continuity) "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"
- S: (adj) confused, disoriented, lost (having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity) "I frequently find myself disoriented when I come up out of the subway"; "the anesthetic left her completely disoriented"
- S: (adj) broken, confused, disordered, upset (thrown into a state of disarray or confusion) "troops fleeing in broken ranks"; "a confused mass of papers on the desk"; "the small disordered room"; "with everything so upset"
- S: (adj) confused (mentally confused; unable to think with clarity or act intelligently) "the flood of questions left her bewildered and confused"