Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) confuse, confound (mistake one thing for another) "you are confusing me with the other candidate"; "I mistook her for the secretary"
- S: (v) confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate (be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly) "These questions confuse even the experts"; "This question completely threw me"; "This question befuddled even the teacher"
- S: (v) confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off (cause to feel embarrassment) "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
- S: (v) jumble, confuse, mix up (assemble without order or sense) "She jumbles the words when she is supposed to write a sentence"
- S: (v) confuse, blur, obscure, obnubilate (make unclear, indistinct, or blurred) "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"