Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm (establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts) "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- S: (v) confirm, reassert (strengthen or make more firm) "The witnesses confirmed the victim's account"
- S: (v) confirm (make more firm) "Confirm thy soul in self-control!"
- S: (v) confirm (support a person for a position) "The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense"
- S: (v) confirm (administer the rite of confirmation to) "the children were confirmed in their mother's faith"