Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) restrict, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle (place limits on (extent or amount or access)) "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- S: (v) confine (prevent from leaving or from being removed)
- S: (v) enclose, hold in, confine (close in) "darkness enclosed him"
- S: (v) confine, detain (deprive of freedom; take into confinement)
- S: (v) restrain, confine, hold, constrain (to close within bounds, or otherwise limit or deprive of free movement) "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom"