Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) condemn, reprobate, decry, objurgate, excoriate (express strong disapproval of) "We condemn the racism in South Africa"; "These ideas were reprobated"
- S: (v) condemn (declare or judge unfit for use or habitation) "The building was condemned by the inspector"
- S: (v) condemn (compel or force into a particular state or activity) "His devotion to his sick wife condemned him to a lonely existence"
- S: (v) condemn (demonstrate the guilt of (someone)) "Her strange behavior condemned her"
- S: (v) sentence, condemn, doom (pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law) "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
- S: (v) condemn (appropriate (property) for public use) "the county condemned the land to build a highway"