Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) compromise, via media (a middle way between two extremes)
- S: (n) compromise (an accommodation in which both sides make concessions) "the newly elected congressmen rejected a compromise because they considered it `business as usual'"
- S: (v) compromise (make a compromise; arrive at a compromise) "nobody will get everything he wants; we all must compromise"
- S: (v) compromise (settle by concession)
- S: (v) compromise (expose or make liable to danger, suspicion, or disrepute) "The nuclear secrets of the state were compromised by the spy"