Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) compound (a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts)
- S: (n) compound, chemical compound ((chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight)
- S: (n) compound (an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient))
- S: (v) intensify, compound, heighten, deepen (make more intense, stronger, or more marked) "The efforts were intensified"; "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
- S: (v) compound, combine (put or add together) "combine resources"
- S: (v) compound (calculate principal and interest)
- S: (v) compound (create by mixing or combining)
- S: (v) compound, combine (combine so as to form a whole; mix) "compound the ingredients"
- S: (adj) compound (composed of more than one part) "compound leaves are composed of several lobes"; "compound flower heads"
- S: (adj) compound (consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts) "soap is a compound substance"; "housetop is a compound word"; "a blackberry is a compound fruit"
- S: (adj) colonial, compound (composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony) "coral is a colonial organism"