Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) compose (form the substance of) "Greed and ambition composed his personality"
- S: (v) compose, write (write music) "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
- S: (v) write, compose, pen, indite (produce a literary work) "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
- S: (v) compose, compile (put together out of existing material) "compile a list"
- S: (v) compose (calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet) "She had to compose herself before she could reply to this terrible insult"
- S: (v) frame, compose, draw up (make up plans or basic details for) "frame a policy"