Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) company (an institution created to conduct business) "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
- S: (n) company (small military unit; usually two or three platoons)
- S: (n) company, companionship, fellowship, society (the state of being with someone) "he missed their company"; "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
- S: (n) company, troupe (organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical)) "the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel"
- S: (n) caller, company (a social or business visitor) "the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company"
- S: (n) company (a social gathering of guests or companions) "the house was filled with company when I arrived"
- S: (n) party, company (a band of people associated temporarily in some activity) "they organized a party to search for food"; "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
- S: (n) ship's company, company (crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship)
- S: (n) company (a unit of firefighters including their equipment) "a hook-and-ladder company"