Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) compact, powder compact (a small cosmetics case with a mirror; to be carried in a woman's purse)
- S: (n) covenant, compact, concordat (a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action)
- S: (n) compact, compact car (a small and economical car)
- S: (v) compact, pack (have the property of being packable or of compacting easily) "This powder compacts easily"; "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- S: (v) pack, bundle, wad, compact (compress into a wad) "wad paper into the box"
- S: (v) compress, compact, pack together (make more compact by or as if by pressing) "compress the data"
- S: (v) compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press (squeeze or press together) "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
- S: (adj) compact (closely and firmly united or packed together) "compact soil"; "compact clusters of flowers"
- S: (adj) compact, heavyset, stocky, thick, thickset (having a short and solid form or stature) "a wrestler of compact build"; "he was tall and heavyset"; "stocky legs"; "a thickset young man"
- S: (adj) compendious, compact, succinct, summary (briefly giving the gist of something) "a short and compendious book"; "a compact style is brief and pithy"; "succinct comparisons"; "a summary formulation of a wide-ranging subject"