Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) comfort, comfortableness (a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain) "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"; "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair"
- S: (n) comfort (a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment)
- S: (n) consolation, comfort, solace (the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction) "his presence was a consolation to her"
- S: (n) ease, comfort (a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state) "a life of luxury and ease"; "he had all the material comforts of this world"
- S: (n) comfort (satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing) "his friendship was a comfort"; "a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts"
- S: (n) quilt, comforter, comfort, puff (bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together)
- S: (n) comfort (assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal) "it gave comfort to the enemy"
- S: (n) comforts, creature comforts, amenities, conveniences (things that make you comfortable and at ease) "all the comforts of home"