Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up (appear or become visible; make a showing) "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- S: (v) approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near (move towards) "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- S: (v) progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up (develop in a positive way) "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
- S: (v) go on, come up, come on (start running, functioning, or operating) "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"
- S: (v) come on (occur or become available) "water or electricity came on again after the earthquake"