Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) fall upon, strike, come upon, light upon, chance upon, come across, chance on, happen upon, attain, discover (find unexpectedly) "the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb"; "she struck a goldmine"; "The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake"
- S: (v) come across (be perceived in a certain way; make a certain impression)
- S: (v) meet, run into, encounter, run across, come across, see (come together) "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
- S: (v) come across, come over (communicate the intended meaning or impression) "He came across very clearly"
- S: (v) resonate, come across (be received or understood)