Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) collar, neckband (a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over)
- S: (n) collar ((zoology) an encircling band or marking around the neck of any animal)
- S: (n) collar (anything worn or placed about the neck) "the thief was forced to wear a heavy wooden collar"; "a collar of flowers was placed about the neck of the winning horse"
- S: (n) collar (a short ring fastened over a rod or shaft to limit, guide, or secure a machine part)
- S: (n) collar, shoe collar (the stitching that forms the rim of a shoe or boot)
- S: (n) collar (a band of leather or rope that is placed around an animal's neck as a harness or to identify it)
- S: (n) choker, collar, dog collar, neckband (necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck)
- S: (n) collar, leash (a figurative restraint) "asked for a collar on program trading in the stock market"; "kept a tight leash on his emotions"; "he's always gotten a long leash"
- S: (n) apprehension, arrest, catch, collar, pinch, taking into custody (the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)) "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"