Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off (sever or remove by pinching or snipping) "nip off the flowers"
- S: (v) trot, jog, clip (run at a moderately swift pace)
- S: (v) clip (attach with a clip) "clip the papers together"
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- S: (v) clip, curtail, cut short (terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent) "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"