Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chink, click, clink (a short light metallic sound)
- S: (n) suction stop, click (a stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu))
- S: (n) pawl, detent, click, dog (a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward)
- S: (n) click, mouse click (depression of a button on a computer mouse) "a click on the right button for example"
- S: (v) snap, click (move or strike with a noise) "he clicked on the light"; "his arm was snapped forward"
- S: (v) click, tick (make a clicking or ticking sound) "The clock ticked away"
- S: (v) chatter, click (click repeatedly or uncontrollably) "Chattering teeth"
- S: (v) snap, click, flick (cause to make a snapping sound) "snap your fingers"
- S: (v) click (produce a click) "Xhosa speakers click"
- S: (v) cluck, click, clack (make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens)
- S: (v) click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place (become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions) "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"