Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) cleave, split, rive (separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument) "cleave the bone"
- S: (v) cleave (make by cutting into) "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- S: (v) cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere (come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation) "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
- S: (adj) cleft (split or divided) "he had a cleft chin and strong jaw"; "the infant was born with a double harelip and cleft palate"; "a cleft stick"
- S: (adj) cleft, dissected (having one or more indentations reaching nearly to the midrib)