Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) clarify, clear up, elucidate (make clear and (more) comprehensible) "clarify the mystery surrounding her death"
- S: (v) get through, wrap up, finish off, mop up, polish off, clear up, finish up (finish a task completely) "I finally got through this homework assignment"
- S: (v) clear, clear up (free (the throat) by making a rasping sound) "Clear the throat"
- S: (v) clear up, clear, light up, brighten (become clear) "The sky cleared after the storm"
- S: (v) clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate (make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear) "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"