Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, clash, crash (a loud resonant repeating noise) "he could hear the clang of distant bells"
- S: (n) clash, friction (a state of conflict between persons)
- S: (n) clash (a state of conflict between colors) "her dress was a disturbing clash of colors"
- S: (n) brush, clash, encounter, skirmish (a minor short-term fight)
- S: (v) collide, clash (crash together with violent impact) "The cars collided"; "Two meteors clashed"
- S: (v) clash, jar, collide (be incompatible; be or come into conflict) "These colors clash"
- S: (v) clash (disagree violently) "We clashed over the new farm policies"