Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) circle (ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point) "he calculated the circumference of the circle"
- S: (n) set, circle, band, lot (an unofficial association of people or groups) "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
- S: (n) circle (something approximating the shape of a circle) "the chairs were arranged in a circle"
- S: (n) lap, circle, circuit (movement once around a course) "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- S: (n) traffic circle, circle, rotary, roundabout (a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island) "the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary"
- S: (n) R-2, Mexican valium, rophy, rope, roofy, roach, forget me drug, circle (street names for flunitrazepan)
- S: (n) circle, dress circle (a curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra) "they had excellent seats in the dress circle"
- S: (n) circle, round (any circular or rotating mechanism) "the machine punched out metal circles"
- S: (v) circle (travel around something) "circle the globe"
- S: (v) circle (move in a circular path above (someone or something)) "the plane circled, looking for a landing spot"
- S: (v) encircle, circle (form or draw a circle around) "encircle the errors"