Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chill, iciness, gelidity (coldness due to a cold environment)
- S: (n) frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle (an almost pleasurable sensation of fright) "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
- S: (n) chill, shivering (a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever)
- S: (n) chill, pall (a sudden numbing dread)
- S: (v) chill (depress or discourage) "The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
- S: (v) cool, chill, cool down (make cool or cooler) "Chill the food"
- S: (v) cool, chill, cool down (loose heat) "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"