Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chap, fellow, feller, fella, lad, gent, blighter, cuss, bloke (a boy or man) "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss"; "he's a good bloke"
- S: (n) crevice, cranny, crack, fissure, chap (a long narrow depression in a surface)
- S: (n) chap (a crack in a lip caused usually by cold)
- S: (n) chap ((usually in the plural) leather leggings without a seat; joined by a belt; often have flared outer flaps; worn over trousers by cowboys to protect their legs)
- S: (v) chap (crack due to dehydration) "My lips chap in this dry weather"