Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chair (a seat for one person, with a support for the back) "he put his coat over the back of the chair and sat down"
- S: (n) professorship, chair (the position of professor) "he was awarded an endowed chair in economics"
- S: (n) president, chairman, chairwoman, chair, chairperson (the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization) "address your remarks to the chairperson"
- S: (n) electric chair, chair, death chair, hot seat (an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person) "the murderer was sentenced to die in the chair"
- S: (n) chair (a particular seat in an orchestra) "he is second chair violin"
- S: (v) chair, chairman (act or preside as chair, as of an academic department in a university) "She chaired the department for many years"
- S: (v) moderate, chair, lead (preside over) "John moderated the discussion"