Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Centre (a low-lying region in central France)
- S: (n) center, centre, middle, heart, eye (an area that is approximately central within some larger region) "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
- S: (n) center, centre, midpoint (a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure)
- S: (n) center, centre (a place where some particular activity is concentrated) "they received messages from several centers"
- S: (n) center, centre (the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering)
- S: (n) kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty (the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience) "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
- S: (n) center, centre, center of attention, centre of attention (the object upon which interest and attention focuses) "his stories made him the center of the party"
- S: (n) center, centre, nerve center, nerve centre (a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process) "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
- S: (n) center, centre (a building dedicated to a particular activity) "they were raising money to build a new center for research"
- S: (v) center, centre (move into the center) "That vase in the picture is not centered"
- S: (v) concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet (direct one's attention on something) "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"