Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) carrier, bearer, toter (someone whose employment involves carrying something) "the bonds were transmitted by carrier"
- S: (n) carrier (a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something) "refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business"
- S: (n) aircraft carrier, carrier, flattop, attack aircraft carrier (a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings)
- S: (n) carrier (an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction)
- S: (n) carrier, common carrier (a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages)
- S: (n) carrier wave, carrier (a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal)
- S: (n) mailman, postman, mail carrier, letter carrier, carrier (a man who delivers the mail)
- S: (n) carrier, newsboy (a boy who delivers newspapers)
- S: (n) carrier, immune carrier ((medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others)
- S: (n) carrier (a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like)
- S: (n) carrier ((genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring)