Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) capacity (capability to perform or produce) "among his gifts is his capacity for true altruism"; "limited runway capacity"; "a great capacity for growth"
- S: (n) capability, capacity (the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment) "the capability of a metal to be fused"
- S: (n) capacity, content (the amount that can be contained) "the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
- S: (n) capacity (the maximum production possible) "the plant is working at 80 per cent capacity"
- S: (n) capacity (a specified function) "he was employed in the capacity of director"; "he should be retained in his present capacity at a higher salary"
- S: (n) capacity ((computer science) the amount of information (in bytes) that can be stored on a disk drive) "the capacity of a hard disk drive is usually expressed in megabytes"
- S: (n) capacitance, electrical capacity, capacity (an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored)
- S: (n) capacity, mental ability (the power to learn or retain knowledge; in law, the ability to understand the facts and significance of your behavior)
- S: (n) capacity (tolerance for alcohol) "he had drunk beyond his capacity"