Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) natural, cancel (a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat)
- S: (v) cancel, call off, scratch, scrub (postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled) "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
- S: (v) cancel, offset, set off (make up for) "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- S: (v) cancel, strike down (declare null and void; make ineffective) "Cancel the election results"; "strike down a law"
- S: (v) delete, cancel (remove or make invisible) "Please delete my name from your list"
- S: (v) cancel, invalidate (make invalid for use) "cancel cheques or tickets"