Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) political campaign, campaign, run (a race between candidates for elective office) "I managed his campaign for governor"; "he is raising money for a Senate run"
- S: (n) campaign, cause, crusade, drive, movement, effort (a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end) "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
- S: (n) campaign, military campaign (several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints))
- S: (n) campaign, hunting expedition, safari (an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa))
- S: (v) campaign, run (run, stand, or compete for an office or a position) "Who's running for treasurer this year?"
- S: (v) crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate (exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for) "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- S: (v) campaign, take the field (go on a campaign; go off to war)