Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) call up (an order to report for military duty)
- S: (v) call up, bring forward (bring forward for consideration) "The case was called up in court"
- S: (v) call, telephone, call up, phone, ring (get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone) "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- S: (v) remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think (recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection) "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- S: (v) call up, summon (cause to become available for use, either literally or figuratively) "clicking on the icon calls up the program"; "the author's description of the banquet called up delicious aromas"; "running into an old friend summoned up memories of her childhood"
- S: (v) call up, mobilize, mobilise, rally (call to arms; of military personnel)