Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure (make a mathematical calculation or computation)
- S: (v) calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast (judge to be probable)
- S: (v) account, calculate (keep an account of)
- S: (v) forecast, calculate (predict in advance)
- S: (v) calculate, aim, direct (specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public)
- S: (v) count, bet, depend, swear, rely, bank, look, calculate, reckon (have faith or confidence in) "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"