Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) break, bust (ruin completely) "He busted my radio!"
- S: (v) raid, bust (search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on) "The police raided the crack house"
- S: (v) tear, rupture, snap, bust (separate or cause to separate abruptly) "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- S: (v) break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart (go to pieces) "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
- S: (v) burst, bust (break open or apart suddenly and forcefully) "The dam burst"
- S: (adj) broken, busted (out of working order (`busted' is an informal substitute for `broken')) "a broken washing machine"; "the coke machine is broken"; "the coke machine is busted"