Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation (a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it) "he bought his brother's business"; "a small mom-and-pop business"; "a racially integrated business concern"
- S: (n) commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business (the activity of providing goods and services involving financial and commercial and industrial aspects) "computers are now widely used in business"
- S: (n) occupation, business, job, line of work, line (the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money) "he's not in my line of business"
- S: (n) business (a rightful concern or responsibility) "it's none of your business"; "mind your own business"
- S: (n) business (an immediate objective) "gossip was the main business of the evening"
- S: (n) business (the volume of commercial activity) "business is good today"; "show me where the business was today"
- S: (n) business, business sector (business concerns collectively) "Government and business could not agree"
- S: (n) clientele, patronage, business (customers collectively) "they have an upper class clientele"
- S: (n) business, stage business, byplay (incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect) "his business with the cane was hilarious"