Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) physique, build, body-build, habitus (constitution of the human body)
- S: (n) human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh (alternative names for the body of a human being) "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
- S: (v) construct, build, make (make by combining materials and parts) "this little pig made his house out of straw"; "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- S: (v) build up, work up, build, progress (form or accumulate steadily) "Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly"; "Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border"
- S: (v) build, establish (build or establish something abstract) "build a reputation"
- S: (v) build (improve the cleansing action of) "build detergents"
- S: (v) build (order, supervise, or finance the construction of) "The government is building new schools in this state"
- S: (v) build (give form to, according to a plan) "build a modern nation"; "build a million-dollar business"
- S: (v) build (be engaged in building) "These architects build in interesting and new styles"
- S: (v) build (found or ground) "build a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation"
- S: (v) build up, work up, build, ramp up (bolster or strengthen) "We worked up courage"; "build up confidence"; "ramp up security in the airports"
- S: (v) build (develop and grow) "Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera"