Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bug (general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate)
- S: (n) bug, glitch (a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine)
- S: (n) bug (a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly)
- S: (n) hemipterous insect, bug, hemipteran, hemipteron (insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis)
- S: (n) microbe, bug, germ (a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use)
- S: (v) tease, badger, pester, bug, beleaguer (annoy persistently) "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
- S: (v) wiretap, tap, intercept, bug (tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information) "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"