Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down (move something or somebody to a lower position) "take down the vase from the shelf"
- S: (v) overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down (cause the downfall of; of rulers) "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- S: (v) inflict, bring down, visit, impose (impose something unpleasant) "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- S: (v) land, put down, bring down (cause to come to the ground) "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
- S: (v) bring down (cause to be enthusiastic) "Her playing brought down the house"
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"