Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bridle (headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control)
- S: (n) bridle, check, curb (the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess) "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
- S: (v) bridle (anger or take offense) "She bridled at his suggestion to elope"
- S: (v) bridle (put a bridle on) "bridle horses"
- S: (v) bridle (respond to the reins, as of horses)