Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) breach (a failure to perform some promised act or obligation)
- S: (n) breach (an opening (especially a gap in a dike or fortification))
- S: (n) rupture, breach, break, severance, rift, falling out (a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)) "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"
- S: (v) transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break (act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises) "offend all laws of humanity"; "violate the basic laws or human civilization"; "break a law"; "break a promise"
- S: (v) gap, breach (make an opening or gap in)