Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) trade name, brand name, brand, marque (a name given to a product or service)
- S: (n) brand, make (a recognizable kind) "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- S: (n) brand (identification mark on skin, made by burning)
- S: (n) brand, firebrand (a piece of wood that has been burned or is burning)
- S: (n) mark, stigma, brand, stain (a symbol of disgrace or infamy) "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- S: (n) sword, blade, brand, steel (a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard)
- S: (v) brand (burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals)
- S: (v) stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, mark (to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful) "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- S: (v) brand, trademark, brandmark (mark with a brand or trademark) "when this product is not branded it sells for a lower price"
- S: (v) post, brand (mark or expose as infamous) "She was branded a loose woman"