Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) branch, subdivision, arm (a division of some larger or more complex organization) "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
- S: (n) branch (a division of a stem, or secondary stem arising from the main stem of a plant)
- S: (n) branch, leg, ramification (a part of a forked or branching shape) "he broke off one of the branches"
- S: (n) outgrowth, branch, offshoot, offset (a natural consequence of development)
- S: (n) branch (a stream or river connected to a larger one)
- S: (n) arm, branch, limb (any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm) "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
- S: (v) ramify, branch (grow and send out branches or branch-like structures) "these plants ramify early and get to be very large"
- S: (v) branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate (divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork) "The road forks"