Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bow, bowknot (a knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces)
- S: (n) bow (a slightly curved piece of resilient wood with taut horsehair strands; used in playing certain stringed instruments)
- S: (n) bow, fore, prow, stem (front part of a vessel or aircraft) "he pointed the bow of the boat toward the finish line"
- S: (n) bow (a weapon for shooting arrows, composed of a curved piece of resilient wood with a taut cord to propel the arrow)
- S: (n) bow, arc (something curved in shape)
- S: (n) bow, bowing, obeisance (bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting)
- S: (n) bow, curtain call (an appearance by actors or performers at the end of the concert or play in order to acknowledge the applause of the audience)
- S: (n) bow (a decorative interlacing of ribbons)
- S: (n) bow (a stroke with a curved piece of wood with taut horsehair strands that is used in playing stringed instruments)
- S: (v) bow, bow down (bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head) "He bowed before the King"; "She bowed her head in shame"
- S: (v) submit, bow, defer, accede, give in (yield to another's wish or opinion) "The government bowed to the military pressure"
- S: (v) bow (bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting) "He bowed before the King"
- S: (v) crouch, stoop, bend, bow (bend one's back forward from the waist on down) "he crouched down"; "She bowed before the Queen"; "The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
- S: (v) bow (play on a stringed instrument with a bow)