Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) book (a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together)) "I am reading a good book on economics"
- S: (n) book, volume (physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together) "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- S: (n) record, record book, book (a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone) "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
- S: (n) script, book, playscript (a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance)
- S: (n) ledger, leger, account book, book of account, book (a record in which commercial accounts are recorded) "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
- S: (n) book (a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game)
- S: (n) book, rule book (a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made) "they run things by the book around here"
- S: (n) Koran, Quran, al-Qur'an, Book (the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina)
- S: (n) Bible, Christian Bible, Book, Good Book, Holy Scripture, Holy Writ, Scripture, Word of God, Word (the sacred writings of the Christian religions) "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
- S: (n) book (a major division of a long written composition) "the book of Isaiah"
- S: (n) book (a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge) "he bought a book of stamps"
- S: (v) book (engage for a performance) "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- S: (v) reserve, hold, book (arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance) "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim's"
- S: (v) book (record a charge in a police register) "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- S: (v) book (register in a hotel booker)